We understand your concerns regarding the current financial aid delays, and we're sorry this is happening! We're committed to minimizing the impact on you and your family, and, if needed, we will change our FAFSA and college commitment deadlines. Our decision to change our deadlines will be announced no later than March 15. If you have any questions in the meantime, please don't hesitate to contact our Office of Undergraduate Admissions or Office of Student Financial Aid directly.

Canada – Application Help

The following information is designed to assist myIllini applicants in filling out the application, and Common App applicants in filling out the Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR) after submitting the Common App.

Education Section Help

  1. Enter your school.
  2. Under the ‘Grading Scale/Conversion’, select ‘Other’.
  3. Click ‘New Scale/Conversion’ and enter the numerical ranges that equate to a letter grade.

Courses Section Help

  1. Enter the course name and grade/mark for grades 9 through 11. If you've already completed grade 12, the grade/mark should be reported in the Courses Year 12 section of the application. Otherwise, the grade/mark for grade 12 should be listed as in progress (IP).

For students in Ontario, list courses marked as U on the Ontario transcript as College Prep under Course Type. List courses marked as C in the Ontario system as Regular under Course Type.

For students in Quebec, two years of CEGEP must be completed after secondary school. CEGEP must be included in the course title for each CEGEP courses and be listed as Year 12 and post 12th Year under Year/Term. The final three years of secondary must be listed as Year 9, 10 and 11.