China – Application Help

The following information is designed to assist myIllini applicants in filling out the application, and Common App applicants in filling out the Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR) after submitting the Common App.

Education Section Help

  1. Enter your school.
  2. Under the ‘Grading Scale/Conversion’, select ‘Other’.
  3. Click ‘New Scale/Conversion’ and enter the numerical ranges that equate to a letter grades.

Courses Section Help

For schools following the Chinese national curriculum, enter the grade/mark/descriptor and the maximum grade for years 9 through 11.

If you've completed year 12, the grade/mark/descriptor and maximum grade should be reported. Otherwise, the grade/mark/descriptor for year 12 should be listed as in progress (IP).

If you took O Levels/GCSEs and then moved to an IB program, report year 11 and 12 courses. Indicate the level (IB SL or IB HL) and list the full name of all courses. Report O Levels/GSCEs in the Other Academic Information section titled "International External Exam Results."