We understand your concerns regarding the current financial aid delays, and we're sorry this is happening! We're committed to minimizing the impact on you and your family, and, if needed, we will change our FAFSA and college commitment deadlines. Our decision to change our deadlines will be announced no later than March 15. If you have any questions in the meantime, please don't hesitate to contact our Office of Undergraduate Admissions or Office of Student Financial Aid directly.

Parkland Pathway Requirements

Are you interested in learning more about Parkland Pathway?

Request Info

How to Stay in Good Standing

To remain in the program, you must:

  • Be a full-time student with a minimum of 12 credit hours (Parkland and UIUC combined) each fall and spring semester of each academic year while in the program at Parkland.
  • If you live in university-owned housing, you must register for at least one class (no more than 5 credit hours) per semester at UIUC. You'll automatically be charged the Health Service Fee.
  • Enroll in FYE 101 at Parkland. Special sections are held for Pathway students.
  • Meet with your Parkland advisor and an UIUC representative from your respective college on a regular basis.
  • Maintain the specified GPA and demonstrate adequate progress toward your degree.
  • Complete the same coursework that’s required of transfer applicants by major, as stated in our Transfer Handbook. Dropping or failing to pass a required course will jeopardize program standing.
  • Submit immunization information to McKinley Health Center to be able to attend classes at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.
  • If financial assistance is needed, fill out any appropriate forms and work with the financial aid office at Parkland College.

Semester Review

Following each semester, our review committee will evaluate your standing based on the above criteria. For those who haven’t met the program requirements, the review committee will determine if:

  • You’ll be required to take action as instructed by your individual colleges.
  • You’ll be put on probation.
  • You’ll be dropped from the program.

Changing Your Major

If you change your major to another Parkland Pathway major, you may continue in the program, contingent on approval from the review committee. If, however, you change your major to a non-participating Parkland Pathway major, you’ll no longer be considered part of the program.


If you decide to leave or are dropped from the Parkland Pathway program, you’re still eligible to apply for transfer to UIUC. However, program benefits will no longer be available to you, and if you’re living in University Housing, you’ll be required to move out.

You may withdraw from the program at any time. To do so, submit our exit form. Submitting a degree-seeking application to UIUC while in the program also denotes that you’re withdrawing.