College Credit

AP & IB Exams

One way to receive college credit is by scoring high enough on Advance Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) exams. Some schools offer specific AP or IB courses, but you should note that they don’t provide automatic credit. You can take AP or IB exams without having taken these courses.

Dual Enrollment

You may also have the opportunity to earn college credit while still in high school through dual enrollment. You’ll receive credit for any transferable college course that appears on an official post-secondary transcript. If you enroll at UIUC, the grades you’ve earned in that course will be part of your cumulative GPA.

See what transfers

A-Level Courses

Several examining boards award Advanced Level (A-Level) certificates. For most A-Levels, we'll grant credit hours according to subject if you receive a grade of C or better.

Learn about A-Levels