Nondegree Applicants

UIUC lets you take courses as a part-time, nondegree undergraduate student. You can also take UIUC courses while still in high school. Visit our Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning to learn more.

Previous Students

If you’ve previously attended UIUC as a degree-seeking or nondegree student in the fall or spring, you need to contact the college that offers the courses in which you want to enroll. You may be required to complete an application for your college on a semester-by-semester basis. In most cases, if you’re seeking nondegree status for the summer term only, you won't be required to submit an application.