Transfer Grade Point Average (GPA) Guidelines
Transfer GPA guidelines are provided to assist you in assessing your opportunity for admission.
These are guidelines only; the final standards will depend on the number and qualifications of applicants to each program.
Previously Admitted Transfer Student GPA Levels
Agricultural, Consumer, and Environmental Sciences (ACES)
- Agricultural and Consumer Economics: 2.75
- Agricultural and Biological Engineering, Dietetics, and Human Nutrition: 3.0
- Agricultural Education: 2.75
- All other programs: 2.5
Applied Health Sciences (AHS)
- 3.0 - 4.0 (average GPA 3.8)
- All programs: 3.0 Cumulative, 3.0 Technical
- Admission is selective for the Aerospace, Civil, Mechanical, and Computer Science majors . We will be holding all applications and reviewing them together for these majors once the deadline has passed. Based on the quality of the applicants, we may only be able to offer admission to a select number of students who have GPAs above the listed guidelines. Some applicants may be offered admission into an alternate program in Engineering. If you have applied into one of these majors, you should list alternate majors that you would be interested in on our campus in your essay.
Fine and Applied Arts (FAA)
- Architectural Studies: 3.2
- Art and Design, Art Education, Art Foundation, Art History, Crafts, and Music Education: 3.0
- Landscape Architecture, Urban and Regional Planning: 2.75
- All other programs: 2.25
Division of General Studies (DGS)
- 2.7 (>30 hours); 3.0 (<30 hours)
Liberal Arts and Sciences (LAS)
- Chemical Engineering, Math and Computer Science, Statistics and Computer Science: 3.2
- Psychology: 3.0
- Teacher Education Programs: 3.0
- All other programs: 2.7
- Admission is selective for Chemical Engineering. Based on the quality of the applicants, we may only be able to offer admission to a select number of students who have GPAs above the listed guidelines. Some applicants may be offered admission into an alternate program. If you have applied to this major, you should list alternate majors that you would be interested in on our campus in your essay.
School of Social Work (SSW)